Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Happy Birthday










Yesterday was my birthday...and it was perfect...
  • Jonathan surprised me in the morning with breakfast in bed. Not only was I surprised with the breakfast, but just the fact that he was awake before me...and actually acting awake, was in itself quite a surprise. :)
  • We listened to Christmas music on our way to Chattanooga. It was the new Michael Buble Christmas CD that Jonathan got me especially for my birthday as part of my present.
  • We went to Barnes and Noble...one of my favorite places. We got some Starbucks coffee and spent about an hour looking at books, and talking about the books we were looking at.
  • Next, we went to Panera for lunch. I always get the Pick 2 deal...a sandwich (chicken caesar) and soup (broccoli cheddar--only the best soup ever!). Yummy.
  • Then...we went to the best movie theater in town and went to see National Treasure. We got a large Dr.Pepper to share, and got lots of refills. I really liked this movie. Although the movie is mostly based on fiction, it makes me want to learn more about our history.
  • Right after our movie let out...we hurried and got a refill, and went to see another movie! Haha, we had never seen two movies back to back in a movie theater before...not to mention two premieres in one day...so we went to see Sweeney Todd. I've been very excited about this movie coming out, because I love the Broadway version of it. It was good. Johnny Depp is amazing. I still prefer the stage version, but I thought that Tim Burton did a good job sticking pretty close to the original. It's a gory movie, and many of you may wonder why on earth Tiffany Zajas would like a movie like this. Well, I'd be happy to talk to you about that, if you want. But I'm not going to go on and on about it in this blog, because this post is already lengthy.
  • After that, we went to my family's house, and celebrated with them. It was a birthday/Christmas Eve-ish celebration with them. They gave me birthday pie, and gifts. They're all wonderful, and I love spending time with them.
All in all, I had a wonderful day. My Jonathan is the best...the best husband...my best friend...and the best at planning fun birthday outings. :)

And thanks to all of you who called and left happy birthday messages on my phone, sent happy birthday texts, the many Facebook and MySpace messages, emails, cards, and gifts. You are all so thoughtful, and I am truly blessed to have you in my life--my family and friends.

No comments: