To say that it has been a while since I last updated is an understatement. The longer I waited to update, the less likely I became to do so. So, here I am today admitting to the fact that it has been way too long since I last blogged. And now I am going to change that.
A lot has happened since the last time I've written here.
- I returned from Guatemala, which was the most amazing trip I have ever been on. It was life changing, and definitely changed my perspective on so many things in life. I would love to someday go back.
- I was sick for a few months (I believe it was due to my Guatemala trip...parasite, or something like that...) but the doctor's were never able to figure it out for sure. I have been feeling well for the past week and a half, and I am believing that it will remain that way.
- I quit my old job (which was a huge relief of stress), and now have a new one. It was the best decision I could have made for the situation.
- I performed in our senior project, "Approaching Lavendar". Performing with my best friends in our final production at college was an amazing experience.
- I graduated from college with highest honors! This happened on Saturday, just a couple of days ago. The feeling is still so surreal. I cannot believe that my time at Lee has come to an end. It has definitely been bittersweet. Thanks to all of my family and friends who came to celebrate with me. It meant so much to me that you were there.
- Buying a new camera with my graduation money. Delving more into the world of photography has always been a desire of mine. I just haven't really had a chance to do so because I've been so involved in other things, such as Theatre. And...I've never had a nice enough camera. Well, that's going to change soon.
- Husby and I are currently looking to rent a house. I love our apartment, but we would love to move into a place that will allow us to get a puppy and would give us a little more space than what we have now.
- As soon as we move into a place that will allow us to get a puppy...we're planning on getting a little Dachshund. We have gotten to the point in our marriage when people are telling us we should have kids (though we've only been married for nine months). Well, we're not ready to have kids yet...but we're ready to get a puppy. And I am very much looking forward to this.
- My new job. I absolutely love my new job. It's better pay, better hours, and a better work environment. I can definitely see that this was all orchestrated by God, and I am very thankful for it.
Although a chapter of my life has come to an end, a chapter I would like to title simply enough, "Tiffany Zajas: the college years"...I know that this is only the turn of a page. There is so much more to look forward to in life, and I believe the excitement has just begun. This book called Life is a mysterious one, for the only person who knows what the next page holds is our Father God. When reading a good book I am often tempted to flip to the end to see what the final outcome is. With this book, however, I couldn't do that even if I wanted to. So, I might as well curl up with a warm blanket and a cup of hot chocolate, and enjoy Life for what it is. One page at a time.
"Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it." -Greg Anderson